Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pun'kin Pie Pancakes

Sunday was absolutely beautiful here in Brooklyn. I couldn't have asked for anything more than sunshine pouring into my windows, my boyfriend lying next to me all snuggled up with the pooch, and one of my favorite people in the entire world, my sister, sleeping in the living room with her love.

I love hosting anything be it dinners, or brunches. Since this wasn't a big brunch and it was only the 4 of us I figured I had some time to experiment with something I've been dying to try. Pumpkin Pie Pancakes. A little pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, flour, laughter from the guests, side commentary from the boyfriend, and a WHOLE big mess later we were enjoying some interesting twists on Pumpkin Pie Pancakes!

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes take 1: Bananas, Peanut butter in between, Whipped Cream, Syrup

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes Take 2: Chocolate chips, Peanut Butter in between, and Syrup

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes Take 3: Chocolate Chips, Bananas, Peanut Butter in between, Whipped cream and Syrup

All versions were decadent and delicious. I had no complaints from my guests, and there was definitely some fun added into our Sunday morning. Although after such a hefty breakfast we couldn't help it but veg on the couch with some football afterwards...... I wasn't too thrilled with the TV selection but thank god for my ipad I spent most of time perusing the Internet!

Did you lovelies have a nice Sunday/weekend? Do or cook anything interesting?

Here is my recipe for Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

  • 1 15oz can pumpkin
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2tblsp brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2  tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp pumpkin spice
  • 2 1/2 cups milk - separated (more if needed when mix is done)

Optional:

  • Chocolate Chips
  • Bananas
  • Peanut butter

Directions:

Put cottage cheese, 1 cup milk, and pumpkin in a blender and blend till smooth. Pour into a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients and beat with a mixer till nice and creamy. Not too thick and not too thin. If the batter is too thick just pour a little more milk. I did a trial run for my mix. the first small pancake trial was too thick, the second was too thin a little more flour and it was just perfect.

Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY for a Justina Leigh Bracelet AND a mystery prize!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment